Today’s prompt was this , Tell us about a guilty pleasure that you hate to love.
Oh wow, a guilty pleasure. Until now, i believe i had a guilty pleasure of my home cooked food. Just about a while ago, I can’t help but to indulge in another round of serving of my grandma’s delicious cooking.She cooked some really nice noodles with ‘laksa’ and took some burger patties, cut them into pieces and had it done with black pepper sauce. I don’t know if it’s something about home cooked food, but the fact that it’s prepared there for you to eat with no additional cost of having to pay for another one, like outside food, unless you’re on a high tea meal,and those ‘pay once, eat till you drop’ restaurants. and home cooked food just taste so much better to me
I have this habit since young to go to the kitchen, and grab another serving, telling myself ”oh its okay, it’s just a bit” , and when it’s done, i’ll grab a little more, sooner, a smaller serving as I come and go again from the kitchen to the living room, while watching TV. This habit sooner developed into an unconscious state( bad ,really don’t follow this ) that I finished the whole entire pot of rice by myself. It comes worse especially if you’ve taken the serving and realize that the leftover is too little for someone else to eat, so you decide to take them all. (Oh the guilt of it after seeing my Santa’s stomach buldging out. No offence Santa’, i know Christmas is coming )
This addiction, of loving home cooked food, its what I enjoy but really hate to love! Still can’t get the addiction off, but at times i try to resist .. —- sometimes.
- Daily Prompt; Hate to Love/ The Daily Post (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Hate to Love | Musical Foodie Love
- Daily Prompt Love to Hate « Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- I really hate that I enjoy it [Daily Prompt] « Q the Adult
- Daily Prompt: Hate to Love « The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Daily Prompt: Hate to Love | LooknWalk
- Daily Prompt: Hate to Love | Stuph Blog
- DP: Hate to Love « Life of Me and Mine