Daily Prompt and Journal.
Mother’s day was awesome. The times we spent together. I could have remembered all the rest of celebrating Mothers Day, but this year was special because we had quite a deep talk with each other. We had a talk about what was the thing you feel you had changed from last time until now, and though it was a little awkward at first(because honestly we’ve never really shared and talk about this kind of thing), it felt good at the end.
I remembered how I told you, that you had sacrifice a lot of yourself for me throughout this years.
Mum, I remember when you always told me that the doc’ said I was to be sent to special school because I had some problem, but you refused to give up and send me there. Instead you showered me with your undivided attention, and younger sis had to also learn to give in to me and learn to be more independent. You self-taught me, to pick up and learn things, and I don’t know how you have managed to do that.
I remember the mistakes and scoldings, but you know when to grab me and catch me back into your arms when i needed comfort and forgiveness. (Yes, i still somehow do need that)
I remember when we came back from Australia after a problem, and as much as you were trying to struggle to keep the family going, and trying to find a job, you didn’t give up on my education. You took my hand and we walked down each and every school that rejected my entry, and never quit until you managed to find me a school. You went all the way to the Ministry to get me studying back again.
You understood my teen years growing up, you gave and take, all those wild years i had before me. You took note of me smoking, having peircings, drinking, but you always advice me whenever you can. I was drunk once, and you carried me from the neighbourhood, all the way to my bed.
I understand it wasn’t in your nature, from a strict parent, to change to a parent that is more understanding, but you did it anyway. Your sacrifice is way beyond, and that’s the strength I hope to have as well when i grow up. I’d never had to lie to you no matter how bad it is, and that was also because you taught me really well. You taught me how to handle things, at the same time, you allowed me to discover my own mistakes. You showed the right and wrong, at the same time, you allowed me to choose my path in life.
Thank you Mum.
This year, my sis and I had planned up a surprise for Mum, it was something that she had always wanted. We went out to celebrate with Sis and Grandma,
Mum loved Korean shows, and this and that, so this time round and we had BBQ Chicken for dinner that has Korean BBQ Cuisine kind of food.
At the end of the day, Mum came home to a surprise. We walked around shopping centres and she always talk about this Nescafe Dolce Gusto, and every time she said she wanted it, we never really had it because it wasn’t really a need, but after a month of planning, sis, her boyfriend and I decided to buy the Automatic model for her.
I wasn’t there when she opened the present ’cause we don’t stay together, but sis did told me that she was jumping for joy and it was for so long that she’s seen her so happy in her life. Im still glad and happy for her.
Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers !
Here’s 99 more related articles.
- Ilya Fostiy. A Toy | Bright Moments Catcher
- Ilya Fostiy. Amnesia | Bright Moments Catcher
- Ilya Fostiy. Remark | Bright Moments Catcher
- Daily Post: Hi, Mom! | Charles Ray’s Ramblings
- What Is It About Mothers? | Katherine’s Daughter
- Sun kissed, Life bound. | caffeinated sonnets
- May 12 Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! | Nadeen’s Reading Corner
- Happy Mother’s Day: A Son’s Appreciation For Mom | Creative Mysteries
- DP – Hi, Mom! | Life With Pink Princesses
- Salamat Ma | Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! | likereadingontrains
- Everyday Adventures | Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom!
- Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! « Mama Bear Musings
- My Mum (WordPress Daily Prompt) | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis and Me
- Happy Mother’s Day | An Unlikely Gypsy…
- My Mom Is 99; Top That! | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! | JUkk
- The dirt beneath my feet (Daily Prompt) | liveuntil
- Dear Mum … | Purplesus’ Blog
- She Got It From Her Mama | That Girl Ryan
- 12.5 Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! | family photos food & craft
- Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! | suzie81’s Blog
- Mother’s Day – “A Day of Thank You(s)” | Living Life the DOitChoco Way
- A Message for A Special Lady | the world behind the lens
- Daily Prompt: Hi Mom | Postcards from
- To where you are | Relax…
- One Man Versus the Traditional Family | One Man Versus the World
- Happy Mother’s Day, Mama! | eagerexplorer
- Hi, Mom! | The Nameless One
- yes, Mom! wow, Mom! | irish noble king
- The Other Light: A Mother’s Day Story | theeyelife
- My Maamah | Hera Pereira
- Daily Prompt: Hi Mom! | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Hi, Mom! | Michael Writes
- Dear Mom, Can You Tell Me How You’ve Done It? « littlemisswordy
- mon travail | Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom!
- Six weeks in hospital | Scribbles by a hunglish girl 🙂
- World’s best Mama enjoy your day! | Pinkpodster Ponders
- Hello Mum | a weirder fetish
- Dear Mom | Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! | Perfect Medium.
- Dear Mama… | Haiku By Ku
- Hi, Mom! | Life of a Minister Mom
- Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! 12th May 2013 | ittikorn1994
- Mother’s Day… | jaycee68
- Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! | On My Front Porch
- My Mother: Daily Post Response | Maggie’s Writing
- I Wish You Were a Blogger | Virginia Views
- Mother’s Day 2013 Reflections | CAROLYN’S COMPOSITIONS
- Mother | FILMS | FOOD | POETRY
- Ma | FILMS | FOOD | POETRY
- Lydablogger | A Daughter’s Story
- My Best Mother’s Day…so far | Essence of Del
- To all moms: what your children mean to say on Mother’s Day | Moms Living Leaner
- WP Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! | CAROLYN’S COMPOSITIONS
- Happy Mother’s Day, Mama | Pinay New Yorker
- An Open Letter to my Jehovah’s Witness Mom | Cozy Compulsions @ Midnight
- Mothers, Thank you. | theseeker
- A Mother’s Day Note | Colline’s Blog
- Happy Mother’s Day! (Comic) | Green Embers
- A Letter To My Mom | Little Red Jenn
- Daily Prompt: Happy Mother’s Day | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Dear Mom | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Unfinished — Short Story | I am a heathen.
- An Open Letter From Mom | Misifusa’s Blog
- Experiment. — Dear Mom: Motherhood is a Science and Patience is not a variable. | mommyverbs
- Stitching it together: a family art collection for Mother’s Day | caroline larnach
- DP Challenge – Hi, Mom | hometogo232
- This day I dedicate to mamma | MindBlur
- Mom’s Day! | Kaleidoscopic World in Words
- Daily Prompt: Hi, Mum! | The Tarot Alchemist
- Dear Mom | The Dodson Citizen
- Daily Prompt: Mommy | Morrighan’s Muse
- Daily Prompt : worth a thousand words | The Road 2 Cute Shoes
- I forgive you… | The Local Lens
- Dear Mama | The Teen Theme
- Floral in Gray: Mother’s Day Rose | 2812 photography
- Mothers Day Tears | Sisters of Christ
- DEAR MOMMY…do you miss me? | Don’t Carry The Donkey!
- Daily Prompt: Hi Mom | Running After Ale
- The Woman in the Background | The Other Courtney
- Dearest Darling Mother of Mine | AP Roberts’ Stories
- Happy Mother’s Day, Momma. | Stuck On Zero
- DP Challenge – Mothering / Sunday Post – Mothers Day | Travels and Trifles
- Dear Mom, | mycookinglifebypatty
- Dear Mum (an open Mother’s day letter) | Storm In A B-Cup
- Lanterns of Love | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Dear Mom, | Chasing Rabbit Holes
- Hi Mom! | Simply Charming
- Daily Prompt: My Mother | Cytherean Dreams
- Mother: Nurturer, Teacher, and Friend | fingerprintwriting
- For You on Mother’s Day | Becoming Aussie
- Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Positive reinforcement doesn’t just apply to dealing with dogs |
- Dear Mom | The Fork in my Road
- Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! | ღ Blank Doodles ღ
- I miss you, Mom. | Theresa’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! Ps: I Love You | life n me!
- Faces and Places and Wide Open Spaces
- Gallery Of Mothers | Flickr Comments
- Hi, Mom! « My Life = My Adventure