The daily prompt suggested the daily post bloggers to,
Write down the first sight, sound, smell, and sensation I’ve experienced on waking up today. Pick the one I’ m most drawn to, and write. (For a bigger challenge, pick the one I’m least drawn to.)
Waking up was a usual routine, though today I heard of a different tone. I hear the sound of the door, making that wide squeaky sound, I hear mumblings just outside the room, I knew it was grandma. Her voice always seem too familiar. She has a deep husky voice, but not one’s that deeper than mine, her lazy voice when she talks to me on the phone.
I tried to remember, i tried to trace, i tried to grasp a hold of knowing that I’m always hearing the standard alarm buzzing through my ears, the birds chirping during the early sunrise, followed by a constant sound of a big machine running across the MRT train tracks, but i didn’t, not today.
What was the time now? , I woke up late and its already 8. I heard a faint voice talking to someone else, somewhere in the background. It sounds like its coming from the living room.
“Nasri, gone to work already?” Something was wrong. Grandma would know if I’m in. She would have heard the sound of my alarm ringing and come again to remind me every 10 mins to wake up, i didn’t hear to that either.
Soft mattresses slide, the bed joined creaked, i can also hear the dragging of my feet against the floor as i walked to the bathroom, passing by the noisy dryer, my grandma, always choose to operate in the morning. The sound of water splashing against my skin brings comfort, and a tinge of freshness, a wake up call to start a new day.
I still hear a conversation between two person in the living room. Looking out without my specs on after the bath, I can’t see a thing, but only to rely on the only thing that I am good with at that moment,
“Its your aunt. ” , my ear received.
Here’s more related articles! Have fun reading!
- Cigarettes and Cheesecake | The Magic Black Book
- An English breakfast | Geek Ergo Sum
- vicariously in love with you
- Early in the morning | vicariously in love with you
- Nothing Really Stands Out | Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | likereadingontrains
- Feed your senses | Nanuschka’s Blog
- It Shouldn’t Be Strange, But Somehow Is | Ramisa the Authoress
- The Best Sensation Of The Day | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses « Mama Bear Musings
- Birds Feed my Senses | بيسان
- Oh for the sounds of silence… Especially at stupid o’clock. | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | suzie81’s Blog
- Feed your senses- (Daily Prompt) | The Rider
- Feed your senses | mcpw
- Lilacs And Dog Breath | The Temenos Journal
- 18.5 Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | family photos food & craft
- Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Sense It | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Marriage in Limbo: The In-Between State
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Playing for Time
- Smoky Dreams | Virginia Views
- Hairy Scary Eyeball | HpWpBp
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | L’S THOUGHTS….
- smack smacks | thematticuskingdom
- A Temporary Loss of Sight (and Sense) « The Robotic Hermit
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- My Alarm Clock… | Haiku By Ku
- Rise and Shine | aishaditta
- Wake Up Call – 3 Part Haiku | Cozy Compulsions @ Midnight
- The bizarre day to Sleep Alone | Completely Disappear
- Nausea, Ugh… | Donbury Pond
- Cabo no rabo e pá de terra por cima | SCOMBROS
- Noise | Positivity Prevails
- Feed your senses | A Teacher’s Blog
- DP – Feed Your Senses | Life With Pink Princesses
- Feed Your Senses – Kids, Coffee & Pancakes | Khana’s Web
- Feeding the senses | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | My Endless Rants & Ramblings
- Write down the first sight, sound, smell, and | A Sign Of Life
- Daily Post: The Sense of Intuition | A Sign Of Life
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Nomad Scribbles
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Postcards from
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | The Tarot Alchemist
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Missing You | Angelyn’s Crimes of Passion
- The OCD Leaf-blower and How he makes my Ears Bleed | Style and a Story
- “Houston” & The Five Senses | Chasing Rabbit Holes
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Running After Ale