The daily prompt for today!
im really happy for today’s question because it allowed me to go back in time to see how i first started my blog, and how was it like posting back then. I shall use this as a life lesson to improve on my writing skills! 🙂
When you started your blog, did you set any goals? Have you achieved them? Have they changed at all?
The starting of the blog was set up of with a goal to help ease the mind, especially, when it felt like I needed to share things. It’s the reason why I have been blogging. To be able to reach into my thoughts and express it out in words has been a main factor, is why I’ve created the blog.
When I was at the age of 10, i used to keep a diary, and write about my all feelings, the recent breakup, I scribble and drew, talking about the best moments in life. The diary didn’t really give me so much options, except helping me to express, and yet still it didn’t feel so good. So i created a blog, to share and hopefully out of the millions of people here, one would stumble across my page, and that would have felt really good. Someone knowing.
I had been with Blogger since 2004, posting on every day life, and at that point of time, I didn’t really took into consideration about what I posted, because it was actually meant for me to just post something. At times, I could have been blogging about what I’m doing, and some other days, it was mainly just pictures and random thoughts. I had started a few categories, so I ventured out to look for any other blog sites, such as WordPress, LiveJournal, Wix, and a few more sites.
I was really impressed at the WordPress method of managing the blog through by being able to assign to different categories efficiently. It first seem foreign, but eventually I managed to make my way through.
Right after the big move from Blogger to WordPress with the start of the first post in June 15, 2011, I began a new chapter.
As the time pass, I’ve decided to try experimenting with different type of categories, trying to blog about food, advices, fiction stories, and about weight management, daily questions by a site called thought questions, and now the daily prompts section by Daily Post.
Things did come and go, and at some point of time, I didn’t manage keep my posts on certain categories active, and when i find that it’s hard to write about something, it always came back to talk about life and just sharing stories, about what you know and how you feel.
If i were to put in comparison, what I’ve written in 2011, and in 2013, I would say, I previously have had more photos, and more sharing sessions in the past. Expression was filled with photos because, ‘photos gave a clearer view and was a good way to express what i went through’.
I took the chance to turn something that was simple, and try to see where I can go with blogging. To be honest, there were times, when it just didn’t feel right, “this is not something i like to do”. that kind.
My smaller goals change from time to time, but my main goal didn’t change. To express and ease my mind. To be able to share.
I used to have these on my previous blog, but i couldn’t find it anymore, the only left remained was gif’s and banners i used to make for the blogger long time ago that somehow left me with some sense of surprise how I really went to customise my blog.
How bout you? 🙂
Here’s some related articles!
- 22.5 Daily Prompt: Goals | family photos food & craft
- Why do I write this? | Geek Ergo Sum
- My blog goal | Right Down My Alley
- Daily Prompt: Goals | The Daily Post | بيسان
- Let’s do some diggings | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Daily Prompt: Goals | mattsden101
- A Bucketful of Delightful Blogging Memories | Ramisa the Authoress
- Daily Prompt: Goals | Pinay New Yorker
- Goals | Nanuschka’s Blog
- This blogging malarkey… | thoughtsofrkh
- What I Named My Blog After | Daily Prompt: Goals | likereadingontrains
- Score an Own-Goal Blame the Goalie- (Daily Prompt) | The Rider
- spring reflections | greetings from england
- Daily Prompt: Goals | I really just pretend to know stuff
- My blogging goals | Sue’s Trifles
- Daily Prompt: Goals « Mama Bear Musings
- My Goal Is To Write Gooder | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Goals | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Goals | What I Want, What I Will Achieve | With Seasons Changes
- A Long and Arduous Journey | Heather D. Roberts
- GOAL! | Misifusa’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Goals | No Effect Observed
- Kicking Goals | Tony’s Texts
- 89 Days | Venti Mocha Moments
- Daily Prompt: Goals | Let There be Peace on Earth
- Blogging Goals | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Love. Life. | Setting Goals for a Personal Blog
- Daily Prompt: My Goals For Blogging | My Daily Prompt Blog
- No. | Hope* the happy hugger
- Goals | Code Name Incog
- I’m so tired of having to ‘achieve’ | The Mercenary Researcher
- keDaily Prompt – Goals | Escape from Chaos
- Why I write this Blog | A Teacher’s Blog
- Alphabetical Advice from the Soul | Never Stationary
- I blog about happiness and honesty | To Pursue Happiness
- Road Trip A-Z Challenge Day 15 | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Daily Prompt: Goals | Alastair’s Blog
- Thinking Outside The Blog | Gin & Lemonade
- Daily Prompt: Goals | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- My Goal… | Haiku By Ku
- High hopes.. | Relax…
- Fun with Infographics! | doctorandmrso
- Daily Prompt: Goals | dianapleno
- Lydablogger | Just Give Me a Reason
- Vein of golden ore | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- Whatever Works: Musings on the Nature of Art | Svetlana Grobman: Writing With an Accent
- Daily Prompt: Goals | r | one studio architecture
- Daily Prompt: Goals – None are so easily achieved! | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt: Goals | life n me!
- Goals, Ambitions and Resolutions | Things To Rave About
- Score | Spunky Wayfarer
- lovin bloggin | Bubonicboon
- Daily Prompt: Goals | A Visceral Life
- Mission Accomplished Daily | Donbury Pond
- Blog Journey | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Goals | suzie81’s Blog
Great thoughts that you have shared with your readers. Always a pleasure to stop by to see what you have for the day. Thank you 🙂
I have to say you’ve touched me with your stories as well. Thank you!
I just updated the post 🙂 Look again below 😀
quite the style changes lol…thank you for sharing 🙂
I’m glad you liked the prompt, I was apprehensive about suggesting it. I enjoyed writing about it too. Just like you, I also write a general life blog not so much of a niche blog; I just somehow cannot bracket myself into one (or two or three) categories. I never had a diary in my life but I love writing my thoughts and sharing a bit of my life through my blog.
Thanks for the pingback!
I find that its has been easier to categorize my blog posts now, because I feel that it enables readability and options. I find that just compressing everything into one is not effective as categorising posts. I use that tags sometimes, to separate what i write, but i switch between both.
Good point. I’m still figuring it out for my blog. I’m not as experienced either. closing in on 6 months
Hehe. Hi Nasbambang! The gif is so quirky~ It’s like whoosh whoosh. I love your Daily Prompts. & Wow, you started blogging back in 2004? That’s like 9 years ago. Btw, I actually moved to WordPress from Blogger after checking out your blog. (: