Tell us about your favorite way to get lost in a simple activity — running, chopping vegetables, folding laundry, whatever. What’s it like when you’re in “the zone”?
The prompt, seems like its almost like a bonus question. and I’m here to share with you that I’m always most of the time in my zone when I’m not doing anything that requires a lot of concentration. I don’t know how to say this, but you can call me the prince of ‘zoning’, but stoning, or daydreaming might sounds a more appropriate.
Welcome to my zone. If you’ve ever experienced or want to experience how I zone in and out here’s some things I can share, and at any moment, if you’re lost, unsure or feel unease, or feel ‘blarghhhh’ you make choose to skip some parts.
~Thinking is not (Zoning) and is not Dreaming~
A casual, typical day of Stoner.
1. Pre-activity zoning.
The time it takes for someone to zone in and out, and the amount of time that one feels in a zone, is lesser. Have you seen Inception? :O I’ve experience a typical zoning, every time I’ve wanted to prepare for things. Having a run? Well, I shall just zone in, while walking to my starting normal route, and once I’m done, i realised that I’m already at the start line.
2. Zoning Awaiting.
Most likely, this happens, while I’m awaiting for something to happen, or reaching somewhere. At this time of inactivity, my brain goes into another screen to actually make me stare into space. This might be a natural for someone, because when you’re not in activity, you will find something to do, maybe listen to music, or using your phone, but some others choose to zone out, and day dream, without the most conscious thoughts of planning for future , e.g shopping list, what to do getting back home, but just pure day dreaming, and making things up in the mind. Relax your mind, clear things out, try not to even see things in front of you, and just feel it.
3. Thinking of Zoning
This might not be natural to you, but while some daydream not entirely in purpose, I choose to zone in because I find it interesting and allows me to find out the possibilites of another path. It has become almost a natural thing for me, that i look like I’m daydreaming even when I’m not, which isn’t always the best option, and I’ve improved myself, to not look like that when I’m supposed to be my best self, but in normal days, I’m just me. Can you imagine now how hard it is for me not to look the way i should look naturally? 🙂 Mum likes to push me every time I’m in my own world, to not look so ——–‘ in my own world’ .
Now I can on and off my zone time, when i need to , like a switch, which is very hard to master.
4. Creative Zoning
The best part to access this zoning part of you, is the creative side of the brain, it makes up of all the illogical and nonsensical part of you, that sometimes makes no sense, but it also access the wonderful imagination that you possess,which makes it interesting, and makes it even harder to resist, which makes it even harder to zone out of.
5. Zoning while trying to sleep.
Zoning while you’re sleeping is not good if you’re tired because zoning requires a conscious thought, that’s similar to daydreaming but not to the normal dream.
At times, I can’t put myself to sleep due to zoning. It keeps me awake and aware of so many things that I’m zoning about, yet at the same time it’s not really an unconscious dream, that allows you to sleep peacefully. Hardly at times, does the story of me zoning in, have any similar thoughts to a dream, you can easily identify this, if you’re feeling a pressure ride at the sides of your center foreheads, as if someone is pressing their thumbs against it, or like as if something is coming at you exactly at your forehead, and that’s when you know you’re not dreaming, but actually zoning in, thinking most likely after that.
What do i zone about?
Mostly about how things could be if I’d put my words a different way, how certain events would unravel itself, how the day would be if I acted differently, a possible thought that allows me to keep me going, is positive outcome, that i repeat and improve over time.
- What would it be like, if i constantly look at the person sitting right in front to me, in my thoughts,(not in real), or
- what lifestyle did the guy in the Mercedez Benz, have (upon seeing the car while crossing the road),
- when searching for advice going through an experience i had, or someone’s advice
- imagining how one would feel, and going through his/her shoes.
Now that I’ve put you through a constant thought of what it’s like when I’m in the zone, what puts me in the zone?
Whatever it is that i want myself to be in the zone.
Call me a dreamer, yes, even while writing this post, i was zoning in to my thoughts, – oh and i just written this for close to an hour, and i didn’t know that either.
Here’s other related posts !
- Come on, let’s go for a run. Yes, right now. | Icescreammama
- My Call of Duty | Icescreammama
- When You Are In The Zone | Things To Rave About
- The Pistol at Beginning of the Race (Go Straight Home Club) | Daily Prompt: The Zone | likereadingontrains
- A Daily Prompt For A Sunday Morning Musing | The Evolving Dad
- Triptych (Lost In Thought) | Daily Prompt: The Zone | mattsden101
- She’s Gone Missing | charlottesville winter
- Driving With Sandy (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Love Music | Ms. Roberts
- Me Jane. | Relax…
- Daily Prompt: The Zone | I Work for a Jerk
- Lost | MyBlog – solaner
- The Stitchin’ Zone | A Good One
- Popular Culture and Zones to Lose Yourself In | Blue Loft
- Zoning out | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Prompt: The Zone | Stevie’s Words
- Lost in the Written Word | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Winter walk [a sketch & some words] | so i wrote
- Daily Prompt: The Zone | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Zen Mind… | Haiku By Ku
- The Daily Prompt: The Zone – Digging for Boulders | Required Writing
Pingback: A Photograph and a Poem: Lost | Bastet and Sekhmet
Pingback: The Zone: Zen Salad | Khana's Web
Pingback: Driving With Sandy (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
Pingback: Titled: ‘Zoned’ or else ‘Lost in thought’ | MindBlur
Pingback: Daily Prompt: Getting Into The Zone | My Daily Prompt Blog