When you’re unwell, do you allow others to take care of you, or do you prefer to soldier on alone? What does it take for you to ask for help?
When I’m unwell, i tend to try to make sure I’m able to do what i can to not trouble others. I do however, at times call up my mum to see if she knows what I can do.
I used to have others take care of me most of the time, because when i do get sick, I have it very bad, but nowadays i tell myself to do the best i can independently. I do however allow others to take care of me, because i think its a sign of gesture, and really helps a lot with the process of recovering not only physically, but also emotionally, knowing that someone is there to help you recover is soothing and helps me calm down and think that everything’s going to be okay.
Certain help like letting my grandma know that I’m sick, so that she don’t have to cook really heavy food, cause she likes to cook, or letting my mum know so that she won’t have to wonder why I’m not answering my calls when I’m supposed to rest.
Here’s other related posts!
- Listen to Your Own Body | Daily Prompt: Take Care | likereadingontrains
- Depression | From Five to Fifty
- Sick day | Geek Ergo Sum
- That Time I Got Hit By a Car in Bangkok | Paths Unwritten
- Take Care | Musings from a practical mystic
- Take My Hand | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Loads of tea | Spunky Wayfarer
- S.O.S. | Misifusa’s Blog
- Get up, get dressed and go in. And if you still feel unwell later, call me. | thoughtsofrkh
- Take Care: Unwell but not Undefeated | Mary Angelini Photography
- Daily Prompt: Take Care | iChristian
- What Do Pigs Know That Humans Don’t? | The Jittery Goat
- Take Care! | Nanuschka’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Taking Care Of Business | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Asking For Help | It’s My Box
- Take Care… (Daily Prompt) | The Rider
- Take Care | May Cause Irritation
- Daily Prompt: Take Care Of The Voices | Musings&Rants
- Baby Me : [Daily Prompt: Take Care] | unknowinglee
- Taking Care | TamBorgia’s NaNoWriMo
- Thanks, But I’d Rather Take Care Of It Myself | Creative Mysteries
- Daily Prompt: Take Care « Mama Bear Musings
- Got Your Back, Always | floatingsheep
- No Worries… | Haiku By Ku
- Soldier on alone… | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Take Care | The Educated Illiterates
- Why I Hate Analgesics (But Love Being Sick) | windandlaughter
- “Catastrophy” | Multifarious meanderings
- Take Care | The Nameless One
- HELPING 15,000 PEOPLE | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Put the kettle on | hansolosvagina
- Taking care of ourselves | That Socially Anxious Atheist Paranoid Gay
- Daily Prompt: Take care | Thriving Pessimist…
- Lost the Battle, but will win the war | My Brain Lesion and Me
- Daily Prompt: Sickly Situations | Jane’s Journal
- Daily Prompt: Take Care | A Hedonistic Wander
Great article. Thank you for sharing with your readers and for the reference to my article also.
Pingback: Whatever was I thinking! | MindBlur
Pingback: Daily Prompt: Take Care – Doing the best we can with what we’ve got | SERENDIPITY
Pingback: What Do Pigs Know That Humans Don’t? | The Jittery Goat
Pingback: Take Care, Daily Prompt | Edward Hotspur
That’s very considerate of you.
Thank you. 🙂
Pingback: Daily Prompt: You, the Sandwich | writinglikeastoner