I’ve been as a citizen of the 21st century for 12 years now, but I’ve never really felt like i was born in it. Though I’m one with advancing technology and new cool ideas, especially when in this 21st century, it somehow always felt like I can never catch up with what’s going on. Everything seems to be moving ‘too fast too furious’.
I’m comfortable with the nature of advances and how the productivity is very efficient nowadays. Phones, wi-fi, data plans, the cool Macbook, awesome new genres of music.
Most of the common diseases are now able to be cured, and knowledge is vast with the power of ‘Google’ and the internet.
However, the only thing that’s lacking is that moment of time where you just enjoy over the smallest little things.
I miss how easy it was entertain oneself by playing catching, hopscotch, and Three Blind Mice. There were no Iphones, nor Android phones. There was no need for a rush to school because the trains wasn’t packed. Everything seemed simple back then, and we lead a calm life. It was easy to get accustomed to most things, and there wasn’t a need to hurry.
The sunny weather wouldn’t have felt as warm as now with its ozone layer depleting fast, and more time was spent with the family, and fewer distractions.
I remembered having to hear the sound of the DSL phone cable connection, success, and finally I’m on the internet. I miss dialling my mum using the rotary dial telephone, and how it sound goes every time i turn i dial.
It feel like i was belong to be in the 20th century, or a little bit behind the 21st century.
More related posts 🙂
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen – show us MODERN. | masadiso79’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Modern | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- 21st Century Citizen | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen « Mama Bear Musings
- Abandoned, but for the sun and moon above |
- 21st Century Cat lives
- Catherine B.’s Blog | 21st Century Woman | Daily Prompt | Modern
- Product of my environment | Musings of a Suburban Creampuff
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen / Modern | Postcards from
- RUSSIA’S REWIND | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | brent’s iPhone 4S & japan
- I Could Be King And Drive a ‘49 Packard | The Jittery Goat
- Back When I Was Young: Movie theatres were BYOF | DCMontreal
- 1984… | thoughtsofrkh
- What is Modern to You May Not Be Modern to Me [Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen] | unknowinglee
- Born in the wrong decade | chaotic keyboard
- Imagination fodder | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- 21st Century | thelissachronicles
- 21st Century Citizen: Uncomfortable Me | Khana’s Web