I’ve never been to a bloggers award ceremony.
Despite years of blogging for the fun of it, I’ve never really tried to find out if there was even awards for such thing, but this time round, i managed to get invited for the ceremony as part of event coverage thanks to OMY.SG.
My ‘jaw dropped’, when i entered Shanghai Dolly, surprised to experience the glam entering the big sized doors. It felt even more weird when i realised the amount of media and coverage they had on the event.
Bloggers was in their 60’s theme, guys in their hippie costume, AGOGO, afro-style hair, and ladies in their striking and/or flowery 60’s dress, and out of all that, there i was, in the corner with a long grey sleeve and beige pants from Uniqlo 🙂
Despite all that ‘weirdness’ , I was relieved to have Tiffany ‘Orange’ , Carine, and Meryl from the previous Domino Pizza event meet-up to accompany me.
The ambience felt ‘atas’ (high end). There were bouncers ‘guarding’ the event, media with video cameras, lights, action. Large posters, banners showcasing finalists and the SBA award ceremony. Nice gentlemen’s and ladies with their suit serving the guests drinks, and also a even a nice photo booth with props for us to join in the 60’s movement.
The event was followed through with a series of awards given out to finalists of each of the blog depending on the type of categories they were in. There were a lot of awards given so I didn’t get a hold of who won what, thankfully enough, Alvinology’s post helped out on this, so behold the very good list of bloggers.
- Panasonic Best Photography Blog : Travelgraphy / Christina Gao
- Exabytes Best Individual Blog: Working With Grace / Grace Tan
- Levi’s Best Fashion Blog:J U S T J A S L I N | Fashion Blogger / Jaslin Tan
- Nanyang Optical Best Lifestyle Blog:Scissors Paper Stone Blog / Jasmine Koh
- Best Family Blog:Sakura Haruka / Ai Sakura
- Best Food Blog:Johor Kaki Food Guide / Tony Johor Kaki
- Best Travel Blog:蓝天白云数格子 / Sock Peng
- Best What-The-Hell Blog:俊凭|一个声音部落格 / 俊凭 Willy
- Best V-Log:ninjagirls.sg / Ninja Girls
- Best Micro-Blog:Spin or Bin Music / Spin or Bin Music
- Panasonic Most Popular Overseas Celebrity Blog/ Micro-Blog: Alien Huang 小鬼
- Panasonic Most Popular Local Celebrity Blog/ Micro-Blog:Jeanette Aw 欧萱
- Panasonic Best Beauty Blog:
- Panasonic Best Cooking Blog: Celestial Delish / Celes
- Panasonic Best Eco-Challenge Blog:The Lazy Lizard’s Tales / Ivan Kwan
- Glossi Best Modelling Blog:Love is Eternal / Karen aka Renzze
- JBL Best Pop/ Music Blog:
- Levi’s Best 501 Interpretation Blog: Claire’s Flair / Claire
- Qoo10 Best Online Shopping Blog:
Food, Food, Food.
Food was delightful, either that or I was just hungry. Part of my presence being there was to swift over to the food corner to eat Fried rice, chicken , sushi’s of all kinds, and desserts
Pictures with Other Bloggers/Celebrities
A good reason to go to the event was this. It felt really good to be a part of a blogger’s community, meet new friends, know people who’s been doing it for years, doing an awesome job at blogging. It feels even better being able to take photos with them. With Carine, ShuHui, Orange and MerylWith Forest.Finally happen to meet Mitsueki in person, after following her on her blog for sometime.
It was entertaining watching finalists doing catwalks of the 60’s theme. There’s trademark in each of them, and we had a good laugh and winner was decided by giving the loudest cheer.Mr Smith with his ‘real’ hair.Mr Uncle Char Kway Teow.Policeman in the 60’s (WINNER)Ninja Sisters SG in shiny dresses
To top all that, there were still goodie bag with vouchers and small gifts from sponsors for the event at the end of the day.
To end this post,
The event was incredibly awesome because I feel it has allows bloggers to challenge themselves to be creative and find inspiration. Bloggers work hard to deliver time and effort to create good content for readers, they too deserve a good prize.
I’m already happy to be able to see Singapore Blog Awards 2013 without participating in any of the awards, because I was able to see and now get to know more of the one’s who won, and hopefully learn more of their blogging techniques.
I hope with this, you were able to also felt how i felt being there. Are you also a blogger from Singapore? Do you plan to participate in the awards or something similar this coming year or the next year?
For more, follow #omysba2013 on twitter or Instagram