Today’s daily prompt suggests, me to talk about
On a weekend road trip, far away from home, you stumble upon a garage sale in a neighborhood you’re passing through. Astonished, you find an object among the belongings for sale that you recognize. Tell us about it.
Across the ocean of clouds, shimmering small patches of light spread across a crowded streets in town. It was a Sunday evening and the sun was soon setting in, and that was where the ‘cool kids’ went. Dressed in their knicks and checkered pants, a V-neck shirt, throwing a cool blazer or a shawl perhaps to match the incoming crowd. the girls are ready to make do with what they have, their worn dresses were on the silver stand, in fact there were many silver stands.
The surrounding lights played a huge factor, that little bit of spot light, shines the glittery silver beads, a part of the black dress that was on sale. It reminded me of a disco light in movies though I might have seen it in one of those old collector’s item shop.
Strolling along past the aisle, tables were placed in ‘specific’ areas, and assumed that they were placed as a strategy to attract the biggest crowd. Clothes was the major player, in fact most of them were selling clothes, and at some point of time, there were jewelries and some section where random toys and gadgets were being displayed. I walked past these areas, trying to squeeze through the constant group of girls that was fumbling through owl rings, and shiny drop down earrings, the group of crowd that was trying to decide on which color USB cable matched their phone cover or charger.
I wasn’t looking for anything in particular, but that moment, as i was glancing past, a few accessories on a random store, i came across something familiar.
Neither did The watches beside it , nor the random new plushies or new usb cables, meant more than what i saw. The ‘Digimon’ handheld game.
Wait up, before that, just click on the video first, if you want to have more of a feel, while reading this. 🙂
The memories of having to hold one felt like I was transformed back to 1999, where the battles of Digimon began to spread across the school like wildfire. The ‘awesome ones’ have a digimon packed in their school bag. During recess time, we would have fought each other in a ‘heat’ battle. Connecting the link between two of these games, facing each other with the handheld connected by a port at the end. I was succumbed to keep on going after every winning battle.
Back home, i had kept my ‘digimon’ by my side, attending to its food, water, medicines, sleep, training and most importantly its ‘shit’ . He slept by my bed, and we grew accustomed to having each other.
The feeling that has caught me by surprise, it reminded me where life was simple, and yet so mysterious. It also reminded how simple these things have kept me happy and entertained.
I walked past again, smiled at the owner, for she had just sold me back a part of my memory.
Here’s more related posts
- I am the Owner of that Book | Daily Prompt: Memories For Sale | likereadingontrains
- Memories For Sale | Cozy Compulsions @ Midnight
- Daily Prompt: Memories For Sale | Storm In A B-Cup
- DP : Memories For Sale « Experimental Fiction
- Ilya Fostiy. Platypus | Bright Moments Catcher
- Ilya Fostiy. Prophetic Dream | Bright Moments Catcher
- Writing about it… | Hope* the happy hugger
- Blank Page ≠ Blank Mind | The Silver Lining of the Optimistic Pessimist
- Welcome Home Skip (Short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- The Blue Purse « Sorta-Ginger
- Daily Prompt: Memories For Sale | suzie81’s Blog
- Memories for sale | Nanuschka’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Memories For Sale | Of Glass & Paper
- Daily Prompt: Memories For Sale | Completely Disappear
- From Vidcon to One Hundred and One Hundred and One Dalmations | Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- Daily Prompt: Memories For Sale | HpWpBp
- Daily Prompt: Garage Sale Memory | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Daily Prompt: Memories for Sale | The Land Slide Photography
- Forgotten Memories | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Bucket List Item #27 Kissing the Blarney Stone | The Rider
- The Daily Post: Daily Prompt: Memories for Sale | grafiklit
- Grandparents | Daily Prompt: Memories | mattsden101
- Daily Prompt: Memories for Sale | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily prompt: Memories for sale – My pan flute | Blog`n`Rolla
- The Lance is Real | The Life Nomadik
- Nostalgia:SurPRIZES of the Soul | Sisters of Christ
- Daily Prompt: Memories for Sale | L’S THOUGHTS….
- The Story of the Purple Bunny | vicariously in love with you
- Book Nook Memories (a shortstory) | Donbury Pond
- Sweaty, limping, flabby, squinting pissed off babe? Me, today. | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: Memory | Postcards from
- Storage Memory | The Nameless One
- Memories For Sale – Kunti’s Tale | Khana’s Web
- Sometimes.. | Relax…
- Daily Prompt: Memories For Sale | The Tarot Alchemist
- Memories For Sale | TheLifeandTimesofaMom
- Daily Prompt: Memories For Sale | The corner of my imagination
- Daily Post: The Donkey | A Sign Of Life
- Daily Prompt, Sponsored By VisDare 20: Greatest Gift | One Starving Activist