Daily Prompt suggested,
You encounter a mysterious man offering you a magic potion that, once sipped, will make one of your senses (sight, hearing, taste, smell, touch) super sharp — but dull the others. Will you sip it, and if so, what sense do you choose?
Linking it back to the previous prompt that i had about having a sense of hearing, that I’ve talked about the other day, upon hearing the news of a mysterious man offering me a magic potion, i had developed the supernatural ability to have a super-human ability to listen at great expectations.
Upon finishing up the magic potion , i had thought that my brain was almost going to explode. There was a sharp call, crying of loud noise, somehow just squeezing right into my eardrum, almost impairing my hearing senses, i didn’t hear anything else, but the loud screech that blasted my brain, much like what you feel after someone gives you a tight slap in the face. I fell down on my knee, hugging myself in hope of trying to contain that unbearable pain but up to no avail, cursing at the mysterious man, who’s putting me at the position im experiencing.
My eyes started hinder and it was blurry , A wave right down my spine, spreads throughout my entire body leaving me with a feeling of numbness, unable to hold to empty glass of magic potion i drank earlier, it dropped to the floor, and cracked.
Then, there was complete silence. I looked up to the night sky in hope for some clearer view, but all i see is the dark smudging the night lights. The mysterious man was gone.
I heard a voice, it’s getting even louder, but i don’t see anyone near. It sound like it came from the front, but i don’t see anyone. The conversation was loud, so i turned around, just in case my mind was playing with me. I walked in front hoping to find something,and that’s when i notice a park.
Right after, a moment, right at the far end of the bushes parallel to a tiled walkway , a group of guys, appearing suddenly from the shadows of darkness in sight were walking, happily laughing. Voices sounded familiar, much like the one I’ve been hearing, but these very people were not just far away but out of sight. How can they be heard so far?
Curious event, maybe it could have been another group.
A noise came from the back, a light was flickering away, but it couldn’t have been possible because the light i saw was at least about a few meters out in the open field. The sound was almost microscopic , that even the smallest of sound was an agent to my hearing stimuli.
Looking at the nearest estate building apartment nearby, i hear a baby crying, a man arguing with a woman, “you have to stop this habit, your gambling problem is an addiction that’s harming not only us, but our baby”.
A dog was barking, a cat, screaming out of shock, and replies of banters and hissings. I was astounded, and as i gave focus on what i was able to hear, i also heard to clangs and clatters of a nearby coffeeshop, someone stirring a metal glass, a gut feeling telling me that’s someone just ordered a cup of coffee with carnation milk.
The flutter of a group of bats, flapping from tree to tree right above me, the sound of the water rushing in to the drain, below me, and a car that braked too late at the end of a traffic light causing a screech of rubber against gravel and dirt.
Everything was in comparison. The superhuman ability was real, and it has allowed me to eavesdrop things that was away, and things that were too soft to be heard by the ‘normal’ ear. Things that couldn’t have been seen, things that are most likely happening in the distances ahead.
I know it doesn’t end here. I’m not so sure what are the side effects, but i know its getting stronger, after each passing day. I might be able to hear, the sound of a television coming from a neighbour’s house, the communication among a few dozens a few kilometers by few weeks after, and i might then be able to hear the sounds of the vast ocean in my own house, in a month.
Here’s more related articles from other daily post users! enjoy!
- Elixir | The Magic Black Book
- Is this thing permanent? | Daily Prompt: Dulled | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Dulled « Mama Bear Musings
- Should You Drink The Potion? [POEM] | Ramisa the Authoress
- Dulled- no thanks… (Daily Prompt) | The Rider
- Dulled | Nanuschka’s Blog
- If I Was A Tree In The Forest… | The Jittery Goat
- Through the looking glass(es) | vicariously in love with you
- Dull the senses | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | बंजारा
- Potion Perfect. | ayimas
- A cross word to madness | Miss Moiety
- Natural Magic | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | suzie81’s Blog
- Speak to me | Polyprotic Amory
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | Storm In A B-Cup
- Mysterious Man. | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | No Effect Observed
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Dulled: No need for change | mystudentstruggles
- Daily prompt: Dulled | Exploring Utah with MS and Apples
- Eagle Eye | Matthew Vett’s Development Blog
- Let’s hear it ! | Spunky Wayfarer
- More or less, no. | Relax…
- What Is This? | Maggie’s Stories
- Petals of Intensity | windandlaughter
- Daily Prompt: A Game of Chance | One Starving Activist
- One Night With a Vial Named Tasty | Cozy Compulsions @ Midnight
- A potion for unlimited emotion, dulled! | Love. Life.
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | The Tarot Alchemist
- Daily Prompt: Wake Up Call | My Daily Prompt Blog
- FRONTLINEWEB.BIZ WEBSITE DESIGN LOWESTOFT | ICONIC. COM
- Who let you in? | thoughtsofrkh
- I Sense Trouble On the Horizon . . . | The Office of Iguana Flats
- Is that a chill on your neck? | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | The Blogging Path
- Daily Prompt: Dulled Yet Seeing All | SERENDIPITY
- Poem / Poetry – A Poetic Duet With Fortyoneteen – “Sensual Senses” | toofulltowrite (I’ve started so I’ll finish)
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | The corner of my imagination
- Dulled – The Alchemist | Khana’s Web
- Awake | A beetle with earrings
- May 20 Daily Prompt: Dulled | Nadeen’s Reading Corner
- Today’s prompt reminds me of situations I have | sat n’ all that
- DAILY PROMPT: DULLED | Let There be Peace on Earth
- Dulled | Maine Forest Cafe
- Daily Prompt: Dulled/ Tin Foil Hat | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Dulled | Code Name Incog
- New Ears – Same taste | New Lease–Same Hope
- The Family Fortune | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | life n me!
- Weekly iPhoneography: Seeing myVillage in black and white |
- Daily Prompt: Dulled | Hi-Potion | The Writing Righter
Pingback: On My Front Porch